Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Hello me family!

I just got back from my temple trip! It was so great. Part of the fun is the bus ride for three hours each way with my zone. We watched church history videos like Mountain of the Lord and Legacy and Joseph Smith and ate all the food I bought. But of course the real gem of a temple trip is...going in the temple. It was so very spiritual.

So...I don't have a whole lot to write about this week. In answer to your question, Dillon, I'm working so hard to find this family before May 22, but so far we're hitting lots of stumbling blocks. The (name) family has a grandpa who is so stoutly Buddhist that he slammed the door in our face. The (name) family is super nice and willing to meet, but they think changing their beliefs to only one God is too hard and they're not that willing to make the effort. They tell me they believe that every god exists, and if it tells you to do good things it's a true god. Very sad to see how common that thought is in Taiwan. I fasted for this goal yesterday, though, so I feel confident that I'll get to baptize a family. And even if it's not within a year of my release date, I could just come back to see them sealed. So I'm still hopeful.

How's everyone doing on personal prayers and scripture study? If I had a nickel for every investigator to whom I asked this question...I'd have a big ol' bag o' nickels. I've really gained a testimony that these things, along with church attendance, are VITAL to keeping our testimonies. Testimonies really are very fragile, and can break without constant buffering through prayer and scripture study.

I'm sorry for the short letter this week. You'd think with ten days of stuff I'd have more to write, but I'm running low on time already. I want you all to know I love you very much and I pray for you every day. I know without a doubt that this church is true and that if we endure to the end we will all have eternal life in the kingdom of God.

Love,
Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment