Monday, February 20, 2012

Here we are together

Well, it was a pretty good week. That (name) Family I told you about last week met with us a couple of times and then came to church on Sunday. The ward really liked them, fellowshipped them like crazy, and the dad even said the closing prayer after priesthood. The mom was a little less excited. She kept taking her daughter outside because she, I think, was a little uncomfortable and didn't want to meet new people. However, I have a lot of hope for this family. The dad, at least, really likes the church.

Brother (name) was confirmed yesterday. He's just a very happy guy. He's just so pleased to be at church and the members are really doing a great job of loving and strengthening him. Our other converts all came to church as well--all seven of those most recently baptized attended. I love to see that, because we want to not just baptize people, but bring them in to stay and help them contribute and learn and grow.

Yesterday we also met with the father of one of our members. He seems to have softened up a lot in the three years his son has been a member. We invited him to learn the gospel with us and come to church and he said "Yes, I think it's time for me to learn a little bit of gospel." It's definitely the good example of this member that brought his father to the point that he is willing to accept the gospel. He's very loving, courteous, and patient with his dad, which I'm sure opened his dad's heart.

So things are going pretty well here in Tainan. Which brings me to that other point of news I need to tell you. I got a call from President Bishop today telling me that he wants me to be a trainer again. I'm going to be leaving Tainan and moving to DouLiu, in YunLin county. It's what we call a "white wash," meaning both of us will be new to this area. We're splitting the area with the Elders who are currently there. I really wasn't expecting this. I thought I'd probably be here until the end of my mission, but it seems Heavenly Father has something else in store. I will leave Tainan on Friday. It's a little nerve-wracking, but as always I just need to trust in God and seek what it is He wants me to do.

I don't really know what else to say, so I guess I'll wrap it up. I sure love you all! I pray for you every day and I know God is blessing all of us.

I love you!
Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment