Tuesday, May 25, 2010

May 24, 2010

Today's been another typical p-day. Dad pretty much got it right--Temple, personal and companion study, eating, laundry, and letters are our whole day until 6:00 pm. Today I did initiatories instead of an endowment session, because they pretty much begged me and my companion to help.

Oh, and just so's you all know, I was called to be my district leader yesterday. Please don't think of that as meaning I'm a super-great missionary. I mean, I try, but I think the Lord knows better than I do. Maybe I need the leadership experience or something. But yeah, I've been doing some praying, asking Him to help me fulfill this calling. It's a lot of extra responsibility--lots more meetings on Sunday, getting the mail for my district, interviewing the senior companions. I'm a little nervous, but I have faith that if the Lord wants me to do this for Him and for my district, He'll help me do it.

The language is coming along, too. I'm finding it easier every day to learn vocabulary and to memorize scriptures. Dad, I've been thinking about what the Bishop said about the priests, and I really want them to know that the Lord will help them fulfill any calling He gives. I just don't want anybody to miss out on this miracle they call a mission because they're afraid.

I'm trying to think of more to say...every day is pretty durn near the same as the next around here. I got a letter from President Hoer today, just asking me to send him my Chinese surname so that they could make my name tag. It's weird they're doing that so early. Right now is the last week for the "older" group of missionaries. We'll be getting a batch of greenies next Wednesday, I believe.

Well everyone, my time is short. I wish I could think of more to say. I don't want you to be disappointed at this short letter, but like I said, there's not a whole lot to say. I love you all and I hope you all have a great week.

Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment