Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy almost Mother's Day!

Hi everybody! How are you all doing this week? It's so good to hear from you again...but seriously, has it really been a week? I swear it's only been a couple of days.

Well, things have been going well here in Tanzi. We're almost at the end of my seventh move call out of sixteen. It's so weird to think how fast the time is going. I want there to be no mistaking it, I love-love-love being a missionary. It's the hardest thing I've ever done, but it's also the most rewarding. This is the time when you become who the Lord wants to make of you (or at least, get on the right track). Girls, even if you don't decide to go on a mission (though I think you'd love it), look for a man who didn't just go on a mission, but was changed by his mission in all the right ways.

I finished the Book of Mormon this week. Over the past three months of studying, marking, and pondering the Book of Mormon, my testimony of this marvelous book has grown immensely. Something that impressed me today was how Moroni really knew what it meant to endure to the end of his ministry. He still had a little time left, and instead of resting he wrote just a little more, and as a result we have the sacrament prayers, a discourse on infant baptism, and of course Moroni's promise at the very end. We can all learn from him and push forward, not resting until the very end comes. I also took Moroni's exhortation to ask God the Eternal Father if the Book of Mormon is true, and I had a very special and spiritual experience. I don't recall ever feeling the Spirit so intensely testify to me that that book is the very word of God. There is no doubt that the Book of Mormon is the word of God given to us in these days to convince us to come to Jesus Christ and be baptized in His restored church.

We're also still struggling to help our investigators progress. The fifteen year old who is going to be a daddy soon can't legally get married until he's sixteen. We want to help him gain a desire to be baptized that is so strong he'll do anything it takes to get that privilege. We have a lot of great people we're working with, but they all have something or other in their way. We also have some new ones who I can see starting to progress this week. So I'm sorry I don't have lots of investigator news to update you on today.

Love you so much!

Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment