Monday, July 25, 2011

Hello Again!

This week was really great. Brother (name) is doing really well. He's just about quit smoking, and he knows it's through the power of God he was able to do so in so short a time. He started smoking in middle school, and in the space of about a week and a half he was able to quit. When he was telling us about it the other day he started tearing up and he said he'd already thanked his Father in Heaven for giving him the strength to quit. This man is amazing, and he has such a desire to be baptized. I'm just blown away by the change that was wrought by the touch of the master's hand...I mean...by the Book of Mormon. Well, both. He's ready to be baptized on August 13 (he still needs to come to church a few more times).

We also found a pretty cool new investigator who is friends with a less active recent convert. Or should I say, Elder Zhou found him. He just started talking to this kid while I was making a call and it turns out he really wants to learn more and he came to church on Sunday. This week truly has been full of miracles...but I'm out of time! Resizing pictures takes a couple minutes.

Sorry the email is shorter. I love you all so much and I'll talk to you again next week--the first week of my tenth move call.

Love
Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment