Sunday, September 18, 2011

Hey Everyone!

Well, this week was very eventful. Brother (name) was baptized and confirmed this weekend. He has to be one of the most well-prepared new members I've ever had the privilege of working with. He shared a wonderful testimony after his baptism, saying that he'd been searching for the answer to a question and never found the answer until he came into our English class and talked to us. Then on Sunday during priesthood he was actively participating in the discussion, even quoting from memory a scripture in 3 Nephi. Elder Larson and I agree that the key to his rapid and smooth progression was his willingness to read the scriptures. He felt the power of the Book of Mormon, he knew it was true, and as a result he knew that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. I am so happy to have had this chance to help Brother (name) be baptized. I know he will be a great member and that he will progress toward receiving temple covenants. That's the other great thing about him--he's so excited to go to the temple. He read the temples Liahona from cover to cover and members keep encouraging him to prepare to attend the temple when it opens back up. I truly love that man; he was a tender mercy of the Lord.

We had another big disappointment with a couple of investigators, though. The (name) brothers (the family who attended the English branch) were unable to have their baptismal interviews because the youngest one, (name), had a sudden health problem and they had to take him to the hospital. I believe he will be all right, but they just wanted to make sure everything was ok. We'll need a miracle, for sure, because Brother (name) leaves for China sometime this week. We haven't given up. It's just going to take a lot of help from the Lord if this is going to work out. We'll pray and work our hardest and trust that everything will work out according to the will of the Lord.

Today we're going to go barbecuing with the Elders in Fengyuan. I'm really excited because I'm super hungry. I'm afraid I don't have much else to say this week, except that I love being a missionary. I know that this church is true. We had a sad experience this week of trying to teach a less active who still believes the church is true but wants something more, so he's dabbling in mischief like the Church of Scientology and junk like that. He's even endowed. I know that this church is true and that there is nothing else that will bring happiness to us. I love you all so much. I'll talk to you next week.

Love,
Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment