Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

My goodness, is it 2012 already? I can barely believe it. 2011 was gone in a flash.

Our New Year was excellent, because it started with a baptism on New Year's Eve and a confirmation on New Year's Day. Yes, Brother (name) joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It was truly a miracle from start to finish with him. Elder Braby and I were talking about it and we came to the conclusion that we the missionaries don't do much, really. We just teach and invite, but in the end the people who are going to get baptized and stay in the church are those who are willing to put forth the effort for themselves. Those who read the scriptures, pray, and have faith to keep the commandments become converted to Jesus Christ really quickly. He's doing really well, and I can tell he really wants to endure to the end. I think if his family can get converted as well, that will definitely increase his ability to keep going in the church. I'm really happy for him and I love him a lot.

Well, other than that, there's not a whole lot to talk about. This week was a little dry on new investigators, even though I feel like we worked really hard. We're looking for ways to improve our effectiveness and the way we use our time so that we can help more people get baptized. This week we'll be going to zone leader council, which should be very helpful. I always feel like I learn a lot there, because we really have some outstanding zone leaders. I learn a lot from their examples.

Chinese New Year is coming up in a couple of weeks. It'll be the year of the dragon, which always seems to be everybody's favorite. Chinese people always try extra hard to have a son in the year of the dragon. I guess it's good luck or something.

Well, I can't think of much else I can say. I guess I'll just leave it at that for this week. I believe we will have more good news and miracle stories for you next week. I love you all very much and I pray for you every night. I know the Lord will be with you.


Love,
Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment