Monday, January 16, 2012

Hello again from Platform Bay

That's basically what Taiwan translates to. Hello, my wonderful family! It's so great to hear from you again. Today's a day of new beginnings, because it's move day. More on that later.

So I'm staying here, and Elder Braby is moving out to a small group of islands off the coast of Taiwan called the Penghu Islands. My new companion will be Elder Jensen, who's been serving as the Operations Manager (in the mission office) for the past four or so transfers. He's not here yet, so I still don't know much about him.

Brother (name) was baptized this weekend! I'll send a picture. He's so super solid. He was crying after his baptism, saying it was like being a child again. Pure, innocent, and happy. I really love him. I've been amazed by his faith, his love for the Lord, and his sheer determination to push through all obstacles. He worked hard to get to this point, and I was so happy to see him baptized and confirmed.

We're looking to teach some very promising new investigators. I contacted this kid on Wednesday - he's about 19 and has really long hair--and Elder Braby and another Elder met with him and his two brothers while we were on exchanges, and they're really cool. The 19 year old already read the Book of Mormon and prayed about it. Almost nobody actually prays about the Book of Mormon the first time you invite them. They're really cool. We also found a family who's super nice and willing to have us over to teach them. We were in a big rush, so we didn't have a whole lot of time to get to know them, but they're a really nice family. So things are looking up for us here in Tainan.

Well, I don't know what else to write today. I'm a little rushed because we have to get Elder Braby to the train station fairly soon. Next week's letter will be longer, but I think that is about all for this week.

I love you all so much. I pray for you and I know Heavenly Father loves each of us.

Love,
Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment