Monday, June 21, 2010

June 21, 2010

Hello again! Man, I don't know about you, but to me it seems like the weeks just fly by. It seems like I was just writing you a letter a short time ago. It's really good to read your letters--you may have noticed this letter is early, because the Provo Temple is closed for the remainder of my stay at the MTC. P-days are now actually p-days. Hm. But the good news is they've assigned our district to go next Monday and help clean the temple while it's closed! They're going to give us white work clothes and everything. One of our branch presidency members said, "You're going to clean the temple? It's already clean, isn't it?" But that's going to be a pretty cool experience, I think. This computer is being annoying. When I press the period it puts in two, and when I press enter to start a new paragraph it doesn't do anything. :( So I will go ahead and save this draft, go get my haircut, and come back and finish my letter.

I want to share this scripture, which gives me strength and hope when things are just a little down. D&C 121:7-9 "My son [or daughter], peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes. Thy friends [and family] do stand by thee, and they shall hail thee again with warm hearts and friendly hands." That's the truth. Heavenly father loves each and every one of us and is mindful of us every minute of every day. So I hope every one of you are happy! Even when you have one of those days we all have, where nothing seems to go right. Know that the gospel of Jesus Christ is one of hope, joy, and light. Anytime you feel discouraged, gloomy, or depressed, turn to the Lord in prayer, because those feelings are not of Him. He gives us hard times for but a moment, and then rewards us for enduring well.

This week we have the awesome opportunity of having the new mission president seminar take place at the MTC. The First Presidency and many of the Twelve will be here at some point during the week, though the MTC is unfortunately closing the building to missionaries so we don't go a-hunting for Thomas S. Monson. However, on Friday night they're having a special devotional for the missionaries and new mission presidents. I have a good feeling that it could be the prophet speaking. I hope. Oh, and yesterday I got released as district leader. They're doing four weeks at a time instead of six so that more missionaries get a chance to serve as leaders. It was a great growth opportunity for me, and I really learned to love my district and serve them.

It is so crazy to think that I only have three weeks left. There's so much I don't know, and yet right now I feel like I want to get out there. Don't worry--I'm not wasting any time trunking. In fact, I'm going to work harder in these last weeks than in the first eight combined, because Heavenly Father has truly blessed me with the gift of tongues and increased my ability to learn this language. I'm so excited to get out there, though. I want to teach somebody who has never heard this gospel and watch them come to know their Father and Savior and make their first covenant with Them in the waters of baptism. So. Excited.

I promise you all that if you take ten or fifteen [or more] minutes a day to sit at a desk with a notebook and really study the scriptures, recording the thoughts and impressions that come to you, your days will go so much better and you'll feel like your spiritual battery is charged for the day. Let me know!

I love you all very much. I look forward to your letter every week. Always maintain a firm faith in your Savior Jesus Christ and you will always be led to happiness. Also know that I am putting forth my very best effort for the Lord and I won't waste any of this precious little time He's given me to be a missionary.

Love,

Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment