Tuesday, June 29, 2010

June 28, 2010

Well, this week was pretty special.. Why, you ask? Oh, no particular reason.. Except that it was the new mission president seminar and we had apostles at the MTC.. Of course, their building was walled off and locked up so we couldn't see them.. However, one day after class, on the way to lunch, we came out the door and looked to our right and there was Elder Nelson talking to a group of missionaries.. We went over there and some of my district got to shake his hand--I unfortunately didn't get to, because more people kept coming and he kind of didn't want to be there all day shaking hands, so he and his wife skidaddled.. But it's not a big deal; I still got to see him in person!

Then on Friday evening Elder Oaks spoke at a special devotional.. It was pretty cool.. He talked about what makes our church different from others, and that we're not just another Christian church among huuuunnnnddddreds (this computer is really annoying.. it does that like every thirty seconds).. I wish I could go into more detail, but I want to get to other cool stuff that happened.. After the devotional, we did indeed get to meet President and Sister Bishop.. They are both very good people.. I'm so excited to get out there and actually start helping people get baptized! That's actually one thiiiinnnngggg (oh my goodness......so annoying, this computer) that President Bishop told us..

We have 156 missionaries in Taizhong, and there's a tradition of inviting to baptism early.. He said we baptize in Taizhong.. As for the travel plan, I'm not entirely sure yet.. They haven't told me anything; I wasn't aware that my date had changed, and they haven't said if we could call from the airport. I'll be sure to let you know when I find out.. Oh, and today we got the chance to go help clean the Provo Temple.. That's why this letter's so late this week.. It was kinda fun.. We just cleaned a bunch of lockers, nothing reall exciting.. But that's (finally) enough about me!

No comments:

Post a Comment