Monday, November 15, 2010

Guess who this email is from

Yay! You're all so smart! Unless you said somebody other than Carter. :-\ In that case, I kind of pity you.

(Most of Carter’s letter not included in this blog due to the content being very personal and meant for family…sorry)

Well, we have a brother getting baptized this Saturday night. His name is (name), and I think I told you a little about him last week. He's already a part of the ward, basically, so I'm really looking forward to seeing him make this sacred covenant with Heavenly Father. Actually, he's getting baptized because one of our members, Sister (name), challenged him to be baptized and then called us to tell us about it. :D It really strengthened my testimony that this work is not the work of full-time missionaries. We all need to work together to "bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." I'd challenge everyone who reads this paragraph (too late, you already read it!) to prayerfully contemplate how they can invite a friend or family member to come to know the gospel. I know everyone has them. Set some goals to help this person know the matchless joy and love that comes from Jesus Christ, and I promise you you will also feel the immense joy promised in Doctrine and Covenants.

Love,
Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment