Monday, November 22, 2010

Hey again!

Hey there my family! Today's the beginning of another move call, and I'm staying in Donghai with Elder Gardner. I'm sorry I didn't talk to you on the phone Friday night--my body went really haywire on Friday and I was violently puking all over the place. Literally. In a garbage can on the bus, in sewer grates...it wasn't pretty. So I'm afraid that thought kind of left my mind. But I'm better now. Priesthood blessing + the might of Pepto-Bismol = miracle!

Well, things have been going okay here. We actually had a baptism Saturday night. I'll send a picture next week. It was really great to see how much the ward loves him. He really enjoys family history, and Sister Zhou, who challenged him to be baptized, loves to praise him and say how he has a gift for being able to read really old journals and records for family history. We're continuing to work hard and look for those people who are ready and willing. I know that the Lord prepares His children to receive the truth. If we are worthy and diligent, He will lead us to find them.

Well, I'm really sorry I didn't have that much to say this week. Other than our baptism, we've been getting bombarded with some big disappointments. But I have faith that Heavenly Father is mindful of us and is involved in this work. He has promised his angels to be round about us to bear us up, and I'm sure that applies to all of you as well.

So this week is Thanksgiving, huh? That's so weird. It really snuck up. Next thing we know, it'll be Christmas. Actually, Christmas being on a Saturday, President Bishop is challenging us to find lots of people who will get baptized on Christmas Day. :D

Oh, and don't worry about getting me stuff for Christmas. Maybe you could just make copies of our classical music and Tabernacle Choir CDs and send them on over. Do we have the Come Thou Fount CD?

Well, it's about time for me to wrap up. I'm sorry again that I didn't have much to say this week. It's too bad I didn't get to see the services, but the church policies are there for a reason, right? I love you all so much and I will talk to you again in just one short week.

Love,
Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment