Thursday, November 11, 2010

Weekly Letter, a little late

Hey everyone, it's me again! I'm sitting here in my internet cafe at 5:42 because we got back from the temple kind of late. I'm sorry therefore if this letter is short, because preparation day ends at 6:00. I didn't even have time to buy groceries, so it looks like when I finish my oatmeal I'll eat ramen for breakfast. :o) But it was so worth it! It has been a long time since I've been to the temple, and the Spirit there was so refreshing. It was so great to spend time in the one place on Earth where I can be that near to my Heavenly Father.

Things have been going well here. Last night an "eternal investigator" (one who's been coming to church for ten years) passed his baptismal interview. (name), plans to be baptized next Saturday. It's been really fun to see him discover the testimony he didn't know he had. He thought he doubted Joseph Smith, but he said the Book of Mormon was definitely true. Then he realized that he therefore didn't doubt Joseph Smith at all. I love how the gospel can really change people for the better.

Zone Conference was a lot of fun. I learned so much there about the importance of setting goals and making plans, and then being accountable for those goals to someone (usually the Lord). I read a quote in the Liahona by an Apostle a few weeks ago that said, in essence, if we don't set and strive for meaningful goals, it's like we spend our life running up and down a football field and never cross the goal line. It's so true. That's an invaluable lesson I've learned on my mission --this time is so precious which we've been given, and we have to use it to its fullest by setting good goals and striving to achieve them. I remember Mom teaching us this very principle in Family Home Evening once, but I didn't take it to heart like I should have. Preach My Gospel says goals are acts of faith and reflect our vision of where we want to be or what we want to become. So yeah, I really loved this zone conference. And the singing went great, I think. We sang Our Savior's Love, and the Spirit was pretty strong. Go read the words to that hymn. I never paid much attention to it before, but it's a really beautiful scripture. I do know that the Savior loves each and every one of us.

Well, Mom and Dad may have mentioned I called home today. I guess Dillon was at school. Don't worry, I'll be calling at Christmas too. Just remember Alma 36:3 and that Jesus Christ our Savior took upon Himself every pain we've ever felt. Turn to Him. I'm not wasting my time out here--I know without a doubt that this is the truth, and though we are at times tried, the Savior stands with open arms to receive us and to heal us.

Well, the time is far spent. Sorry about that, I was cut short fifteen minutes. I want you all to know how much I love you. So very much. I pray for each of you and I know that Heavenly Father is taking care of you. I look forward to talking to you all again next week!

Love,
Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment