Monday, August 8, 2011

Happy Father’s Day!

And also happy Ghost Month to you all! This week we're a little later than usual emailing because the (name) Family treated us out to the Taichung Steak House (that all-you-can-eat steak emporium where we went for Christmas). They are just way too nice to us. All the members are just way too nice to us.

Elder Larson's doing really well. He has a great enthusiasm for the work and he loves being in Taiwan. He played football for Timpview High School (I don't know if I said that last week). His language skills are still not the very best, but he takes it with a smile and focuses on the needs of our investigators. I love serving with him, and I can tell we're going to see miracles in the next five weeks. I won't lie, though, it makes me a little bit nervous to be a trainer. I know that I have to be a good example because I'm setting the tone for the rest of his mission.

I've been realizing more and more that in Tanzi the secret to success is the members. I was told by President Bishop when I first moved in that the ward here in Tanzi is one of the strongest in the mission, and experience only confirmed this statement. We've been seeing great success when we work through the members. I'm convinced that missionaries cannot do this work without the help of members. All the stuff you hear in primary or young men's or women's or wherever about how you can be a missionary now--it's true! The Lord is preparing people around you to hear the gospel, and we missionaries need you to invite them. This week we've seen a real miracle in Brother (name). His girlfriend is a member, and we met with him for the first time in about four months on Saturday after a baptismal service, and he's really changed a lot. He eagerly accepted a baptismal goal of August 27 and attended church for all three hours the next day. He also asks us really good questions and I can tell he's truly seeking the truth. It's truly a blessing from the Lord to get to work with him, and we're going to do everything in our power to help him hit this goal.

Some of our other investigators have run into some trials and problems, but I have faith that the Spirit can help us help these dear brothers overcome these trials and be converted to Jesus Christ.
I know that this work is God's work. I know that He is guiding us and that His angels are round about us to bear us up. There is nothing that can stop the kingdom of God from being established, for it is His hand that guides this work.

I love you all so much! Talk to you next week!

Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment